nasiona marihuany

Historia/Pochodzenie odmiany Northern Lights

Wyszukiwarka Forumowa:
S

sru

Zapraszam chętnych do tłumaczenia - warto poznać historię tych kilku odmian które tworzą większość popularnych hybryd - można z nich dowiedzieć się ciekawych rzeczy jak np. że odmiana Flo od DP to perełka stworzona przez DJShorta razem z blueberry.

Zamieszczam 5 artykułów o WW, NL, LowRyder, G13 i Blueberry - sam też coś przetłumaczę jak będzie wolna chwila

No other indica plant besides the legendary G-13 has accumulated such widespread recognition and fame as the Northern Lights Afghani. The original Northern Lights plants were pure indicas but later hybrids were released with a bit of Thai Sativa in their pedigree. This probably accounts for the fruity taste and great, almost psychedelic, high that this plant is known for today. Although most of the subsequent plants were bred towards an indica expression, there are still sativa phenotypes popping up now and then as a reminder of the genetic history of the plant. Making its way from the Pacific North West to the Netherlands in 1985, the Northern Lights arrived in the possession of Neville Schoenmaker. Neville was the owner of Holland's first cannabis Seed Company known as The Seed Bank, which later was renamed Sensi Seeds under new ownership. According to the most credible source; Northern Lights was originally bred by a man known as “The Indian” on an Island near Seattle Washington in the United States. Some also claim that the plant originated in California before ending up in the hand of this mysterious man from Seattle but there is no conclusive evidence to support this. Apparently there were a total of eleven plants that were labeled Northern Lights #1 through Northern Lights #11. Northern Lights #5 was said to have been the best of the bunch, with Northern Lights #1 coming in at a close second. The original Northern Lights plants were described to be true breeding Afghanis with extreme indica characteristics. They were dark green in color and very stable, with a high flower to leaf ratio while sporting a piney taste and purple hues in flowering. They were also known to be highly resinous with a THC percentage over 15%, sometimes higher.
42.jpg
The story goes that all the various Northern Lights plants that were given to Neville Schoenmaker at the Seed Bank were female clones. Soon after, many new plants showed up on the Seed Bank list, including several different Northern Lights strains. This is where the history begins to get a bit hazy. How exactly these new seeds came to be is unclear but apparently Neville Schoenmaker used the plants that he got from the Indian to create new hybrids by further crossing them to some males of Afghani origin. He might have acquired them from the same source as the females but the Northern Lights males were never labeled, so their history remains unclear. The best guess is that Neville Schoenmaker created the new seeds by further hybridizing and inbreeding the plants that he acquired from the Indian to his old stock. Northern Lights #1 was described as a true breeding Afghani IBL (inbred line), suggesting that it contained none of the Thai Sativa that was later incorporated into some of the Northern Lights strains. At what point the Thai Sativa was infused into the genetic lineage is however unclear. Most likely it was bred into the Northern Lights #2 hybrid at some point. Regardless of their origin or genetic makeup, two particular males labeled Northern Lights #1 and Northern Lights #2 are clearly mentioned as the fathers of many new plants in a Seed Bank catalogue from the 1980’s. Northern Lights #2, a wonderfully potent Northern Lights #1-Hindu Kush hybrid, is still offered by Dutch Passion under the name Oasis. There is also some Northern Lights #2 in Aurora B from The Flying Dutchmen.
43.jpg
The two Northern Lights males fathered several potent and exotic hybrids that included the notoriously potent G-13 female as well as Big Bud, Skunk #1, Hash Plant, Haze and Swazi, among others. One of the more noteworthy unions from this time was the Northern Lights #5 x Northern Lights #2 hybrid, which now no longer exists. The only strains from this collection that are still available at Sensi Seeds today are Hash Plant, which is made up of one quarter Northern Lights #1, as well as G-13 x Hash Plant, Black Domina and Big Bud with a slightly smaller portion of the same Northern Lights genes. Four-Way is also one quarter Northern Lights although it does contain some Cannabis Ruderalis, so it might not be the best choice for everyone. It might however appeal to the outdoor grower looking for auto-flowering or fast flowering varieties. The original Lowryder was also partly made up of Northern Lights #2 for those interested in the history of auto-flowering outdoor cannabis strains.
44.jpg
The genetic lineage of the various Northern Lights plants quickly becomes confusing since the entire line is diverse but also closely related and inbred. However, the Northern Lights #5 clone, which was considered the most superior plant of the bunch, was apparently never sold in seed form and must therefore have been the only unaltered version of the original plants. The pure Northern Lights #5 Afghani indica was used to create several outstanding and potent hybrids in combination with many of the strains that The Seed Bank had to offer at the time. Although many of these Cannabis Cup winners are now extinct, some are still available in seed form today at Sensi Seeds. These plants are also the closest relatives to the glorious Northern Lights #5 mother that Sensi Seeds has to offer. Most notable of these strains are the Northern Lights #5 x Haze, Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 or Shiva Skunk, Silver Pearl and last but not least; Jack Herer, the main ingredient in the now legendary Cinderella99. The glorious Jack Herer is a superior plant that forms a union between the three most important building blocks of modern cannabis strains; Northern Lights, Skunk and Haze.
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg

Some of the strains mentioned above were also sold under the flag of the Super Sativa Seeds Company carrying different names. Some might remember the M39, which was made up of a strain called Basic 5 and Skunk #1. The Basic 5 was apparently Northern Lights #5, which means that this hybrid was similar to the Shiva Skunk offered at the Seed Bank, now known as Sensi Seeds. The Brothers Grimm also offered their version of the Aurora Borealis but it has since disappeared from the market.
The current, unnumbered version of the Northern Lights that Sensi Seeds offers today is according to their description a mix of the three pure variants of Northern Lights that were at their disposal in the past. Since the plant is a result of years of selection and back-breeding, it is difficult to say what the exact lineage is but an educated guess would be that they perhaps combined their Northern Lights #1 male to either the original Northern Lights #5 mother or the Northern Lights #5 x Northern Lights #2 hybrid in order to create this current version.
There are a few other breeders that offer high quality Northern Lights plants and hybrids. One of the most highly regarded versions of modern Northern Lights #5 comes from the British Columbia Seed Company. Their plant possibly derives from the original Northern Lights #5 x Northern Lights #2 hybrid created at the Seed Bank by Neville himself. Dr. Atomic, Joey Weed, Reeferman as well as many others also offer select versions of Northern Lights, some more highly regarded than others. The Sweet Pink Grapefruit that Breeder Steve used to create his Sweet Tooth seed line is also allegedly an old school Northern Lights #1 cutting from British Colombia. Federation Seeds Mikado is also thought to be a reworked version of the Spice of Life Sweet Pink Grapefruit. The Sagarmatha Seed Bank in turn offers a plant that they call Northern Lights #9, which is made up of Northern Lights #5, White Widow and Durban. Slyder from Sagarmatha contains the same Northern Lights #5 and can be considered a forerunner to the Northern Lights #9.
Some of the strains from Serious Seeds also contain some old school Northern Lights, mainly Chronic, which is made up of 50% Northern Lights with a touch of Skunk #1 and the notorious "one-hit-wonder" AK-47. The origin of the Northern Lights used in both the Serious Seeds and Sagarmatha hybrids can be traced back to the original plants, since the owners of both seeds companies apparently worked at Sensi Seeds at one point of their careers and thereby obtained their plants directly from the source. Likewise, some of the strains from The Mr Nice Seedbank contain pure, authentic old school Northern Lights #5 genes, including their Super Silver Haze. Apparently Neville and Shantibaba are also reviving the original Northern Lights #5 from a Haze hybrid from old stock. It might resurface in the near future. Exile from Magus Genetics is also made up of one quarter Northern Lights with some White Widow thrown into the mix but the strain is still highly propelled by the potent and always popular Warlock Super Skunk. Double Dutch from the same company is an early version of Chronic from Serious Seeds coupled up with the same potent father, making it a true Northern Lights hybrid. Both plants have accumulated several awards and are of uttermost high quality.
48.jpg
49.jpg
50.jpg

There is also some mentioning of a private Northern Lights cutting that is said to be the real thing. It is known as P91, which stand for Poway Class of '91. This version of the plant, which originates from Poway San Diego, is supposedly an inbred or cubed version of Northern Lights #5 but this was impossible to confirm. It is considered to be one of the few, true and pure Northern Lights plants left in the world.
The strains containing Northern Lights are simply too many to mention. Northern Lights has over the years become a very important line in modern cannabis genetics. Today, most seed companies offer their version of Northern Lights. Some of the plants are more closely related to the original plants than others, and descriptions by breeders are often lacking in detail. One thing is for certain and that is that there is more than one version of Northern Lights in circulation, ranging from indica to sativa in expression.

http://www.seedsman.com/en/origins-of-northern-lights/

G

Żadna indyjka poza legendarnym g13 nie uzyskała tak szerokiej rozpoznawalności i sławy jak Northern Lights Afghani. Oryginalne rośliny były czystymi indyjkami , później powstały hybrydy z domieszką tajskiej Staivy. To prawdopodobnie tłumaczy ich owocowy smak i niesamowity, prawie psychodeliczny haj z którego ta roślina jest znana do dziś. Pomimo tego, że większość wyhodowanych roślin posiadała cechy indyjek, wciąż są fenotypy satiwy pojawiające się tu i tam jako przypomnienie genetycznej historii roślinki. Wyrabiając swój szlak od północnego zachodu ku hollandi w 1985 Northern Lights wpadł w posiadanie Neville’a Schoenmakera. Neville był właścicielem pierwszej holenderskiej hodowli zwanej The Seed Bank, która później nazwana była Sensi Seeds.

Zgodnie z najbardziej wiarygodnym źródłem Northern Lights był wcześniej hodowany przez człowieka znanego jako „Indianin” na wyspie niedaleko Seattle w stanie Washington. Niektórzy utrzymują, że roślina pochodziła z Kalifornii zanim trafiła w ręce tajemniczego mężczyzny z Seattle, ale nie ma na to dowodów. Najwyraźniej było w sumie 11 roślinek oznaczonych jako Northern Lights, od #1 do #11. Northern Lights #5 był najlepszym ze wszystkich, a zaraz po nim był #1. Prawdziwe rośliny NL były opisywane jako prawdziwe Afghani z charakterystyką indica. Były ciemnozielone i bardzo stabilne, ze stosunkowo dużym kwiatem, o lekko sosnowym smaku i fioletowym odcieniem kwitnięcia. Były również bardzo żywiczne z 15% THC, czasami więcej.

Historia mówi że wszystkie rodzaje NL które były oddane Neville Schoenmakerowi były klonami żeńskimi. Niedługo później na liście roślin Sensi Seeds pojawiło się dużo nowych odmian, łącznie z kilkoma odmianami NL. Odtąd historia staje się lekko niejasna. Nie wiadomo jak dokładnie powstały te nowe nasiona, ale najwyraźniej Neville użył roślin które otrzymał od Indianina do stworzenia nowych hybryd poprzez skrzyżowanie ich z męskimi roślinkami afgańskiego pochodzenia. Męskie NL mógł otrzymać z tego samego źródła co żeńskie, jednak nie ma pewności gdyż nie były one nigdy oznaczone.

Prawdopodobnie Nevill stworzył nowe nasionka przez ciągłe łączenie gatunków oraz endogamię nasion które otrzymał od przybysza z ameryki ze swoim starym asortymentem. NL#1 był opisany jako prawdziwy rodzący Afghani IBL (Inbred Line, łączył między sobą nasionka tego samego gatunku) , sugerował, że nie posiadały one w sobie tajskiej sativy, która później została włączona w niektóre gatunki NL. Nie wiadomo jednak kiedy tajska Sativa została wprowadzona w kod genetyczny NL. Prawdopodobnie została dodana do hodowli hybrydy NL#2 . Niezależnie od ich pochodzenia, czy też genetycznego składu, dwa chłopaczki oznaczone NL#1 i NL#2 są uważane za ojców wielu innych roślin w katalogu banku nasion z lat 80 ubiegłego wieku. NL#2 i wspaniała hybryda NL#1 Hindu Kush są wciąż w ofercie Dutch Passion pod nazwą Oasis.

W wyniku skrzyżowania dwóch samców Northern Lights z żeńskimi roślinami Big Bud, Skunk #1, Hash Plant, Haze i Suazi otrzymano kilka silnych i egzotycznych hybdryd z genami g 13. Kluczową rolę w krzyżowaniu odegrały rośliny NL #5 oraz NL#2, które obecnie już nie istnieją. Jedyne strainy z tej kolekcji są nadal dostępne w Sensi Seeds pod nazwą Hash Plant który w genach ma 25 % NL#1, w ofercie jest też G-13 x hash plant, Black Domina i Big Bud z mniejszym procentem genów NL.Four-Way posiada również 1/4 genów NL lecz zawiera też pewne cechy ruderalis dla tego ta odmiana nie jest odpowiednia dla każdego. Ta odmiana może okazać się odpowiednia dla osób chcących uprawiać rośliny na zewnątrz szukających odmian auto kwitnących bądź krótko kwitnących. Dla zainteresowanych szczepami outdorowymi z cechami af Lowryder posiada w sobie również NL#2.

Linia genetyczna roślin NL szybko staje się myląca ponieważ cała linia jest zróżnicowana, ale również ściśle ze sobą związana i pochodząca z chowu wsobnego. Najlepszą rośliną z grona wybranych okazał się być klon NL#5, jednak nasiona tej rośliny nigdy nie były sprzedawane a zatem musi być niezmieniona wersja orginalnych roślin. Czyste NL#5 zostało wykorzystane do stworzenia wielu silnych hybryd w efekcie krzyżowania z odmianami, które Sensi Seeds miał do zaoferowania w tym czasie. Wiele z tych strainów nie przetrwało do dziś pomimo tego, że były nagradzane na Cannabis Cup, te które przetrwały są dostępne w formie nasion w Sensi Seeds. Rośliny te są najbardziej spokrewnione z matką NL#5 jakie Sensi seeds ma do zaoferowania. Najbardziej znanymi krzyżówkami są Northern Lights # 5 x Haze, Northern Lights # 5 x Skunk # 1 , Shiva Skunk czy też Silver Pearl i wreszcie Jack Herer, główny komponent modnej dziś Cinderlla 99. Sławny Jack Herer posiada geny trzech najważniejszych szczepów konopii Northern Lights, Skunk i Haze.

Niektóre z wyżej wymienionych szczepów były sprzedawane pod różnymi nazwami w Super Sativa Seeds Company. Niektórzy pewnie pamiętają M39, które powstało z krzyżówki Basic5 i Skunk#1 Basic 5 to najprawdopodobniej NL#5, co by oznaczało, że ta hybryda była podobna do Shiva Skunk oferowanej przez Seed Bank, obecnie znany jako Sensi Seeds. Bracia Grimm oferowali swoją wersję – Aurora Borealis ale od pewnego czasu strain ten zniknął z rynku.

Nienumerowana wersja NL, którą dziś oferuje Sensi Seeds zgodnie z ich opisem to mix trzech wariantów czystej Northern Lights, które mieli do dyspozycji w przeszłości. Ponieważ roślina jest wynikem lat selekcji i hodowli wstecznej to trudno powiedzieć jakie jest jej prawdziwe pochodzenie, można by przypuszczać iż w celu stworzenia tej wersji krzyżowano NL#1 z matką NL#5 lub NL#5 x NL# 2.

Istnieje kilku hodowców oferujących wysokiej jakości Northern Lights i jej hybryd. Jedna z najbardziej znanych wersji pochodzenia NL#5 pochodzi od British Columbia Seed Company. Ich wersja prawdopodobnie wywodzi się od pierwotnej hybrydy Northern Lights # 5 x Northern Lights # 2 stworzonej w Seed Bank przez samego Neville.Dr Atomic, Weed Joey, Reeferman oraz wielu innych oferują specjalnie wyselkcjonowaną wersje NL cenioną bardziej od innych. Sweet Pink Grapefruit, którego hodowaca Steve wykorzystał do stworzenia nasion Sweet Tooth pochodzi z old schoolowego NL#1 od British Colombia. Sagarmatha Seed Bank ma w ofercie rośliny które nazywają NL#9, który składa się z NL#5, White Widow i Durban. Slyder od Sagarmatha zawiera geny NL#5 i może być uznany za prekursora NL#9.

Niektóre strainy od Seroius Seeds głównie Chronic posiadają geny old schoolowego NL z odrobiną Skunk #1 oraz sławnego AK-47. Pochodzenie Northern Lights wykorzystanych zarówno w Serious Seeds i hybrydach Sagarmatha pochodzą od orginalnych roślin, gdyż właściciele obu spółek w pewnym momencie swojej kariery pracowali w Sensi Seeds i tam weszli w posiadanie tych genów. Niektóre srainy od Mr Nice Seedbank zawierają czyste , autenyczne geny old schoolowej NL#5 między innymi Super Silver Haze. Neville i Shantibaba najwyraźniej przywrócili geny orginalnej NL#5 ze sarych zapasów hybrydy Haze. Może ujawnią się w niedalekiej przyszłości. Exille od Magus Genetics jest również zrobiony w 25% z NL z domieszką White Widow, najsilniejszym szczepem tej mieszanki jest mocny i popularny Warlock Super Skunk. Double Dutch z tej samej firmy jest wcześniejszą wersja Chronic od Serious Seeds. Oba srainy są wysokiej jakości i zgromadziły wiele nagród. Istnieje również Northern Lights z prywatnego cięcia, mówi się, że to prawda. Jest znany jako P91 który stanowi Poway Class of '91. Ta wersja rośliny pochodzi z Poway w San Diego i jest najprawdopodobniej wersją NL#5 lecz jest to niemożliwe do potwierdzenia. Uważa się, że tylko jedna z kilku prawdziwych i czystych NL pozostała na ziemi.

Strainów zawierających Northern Lights jest zbyt wiele aby wymieniać. NL przez lata stawał się jedną z najważniejszych linii genetycznych współczesnych konopii. Dziś większość breederów oferuje swoją wersję Northern Lights. Niektóre z tych roślin są bardziej zbliżone do orygniału niż inne, w opisach hodowców często brakuje detali. Jedno jest pewne, że jest więcej niż jedna wersja NL w obiegu począwszy od fenotypu indici po sative.

Ostatnia edycja:

Z kodem HASZYSZ dostajesz 20% zniżki w sklepie Growbox.pl na wszystko!

nasiona marihuany
Góra Dół